Debit cards offer an alternative to making purchases with credit cards.
Make a purchase with any merchant that accepts MasterCard, in person or online, and the funds are automatically withdrawn from your PCSB checking account
Debit cards can be used in two ways:
- Like an ATM card for immediate withdrawals of cash
- Like a check when making a purchase. The money used to pay for the transaction is deducted from your account.
Debit Card Advantages
- Easy to obtain - Once you open an account, PCSB will issue you a free debit card upon request.
- Convenience - Purchases can be made using a chip-enabled terminal or by swiping the card rather than filling out a paper check.
- Safety - You don't have to carry cash or a checkbook.
- Readily accepted - When out of town, debit cards are widely accepted, just like credit cards.