The PCSB Community Foundation provides financial support to worthy companies operating in communities that PCSB Bank serves.The PCSB Community Foundation was formed to support not-for-profit groups, institutions, schools or other organizations that demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional services to communities throughout the Lower Hudson Valley.
Primary Areas that PCSB Community Foundation supports
Education -- Programs at the primary, secondary and post-secondary school levels that raise student aspirations in the Community and enhance knowledge in specific areas such as economics, communications, business and public speaking, as well as
initiatives that support the education process.
Health and Human Services -- Programs that are essential to the underlying medical care of the Community, as well as initiatives that focus on physical and mental wellness.
Youth Programs -- Programs that improve the quality of life for children in the Community or that foster education, learning and leadership.
Affordable Housing -- Programs that provide, or encourage the creation of, affordable and/or low income housing in the Community.
All grant proposals will be evaluated to ensure they conform to the Foundation's policies and its mission. All evaluations will be carried out in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner. The Foundation will consider supporting projects and initiatives that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Directly related to Foundation priorities and areas of interest.
- Include a strategy for leveraging other resources and support from the Community.
- Produce cost-effective, measurable results.
- Provide incentive and stimulation for the private and public sectors to work together in community problem solving.
- Encourage coordination with other efforts.
- Advance innovative and long term strategies that will address recognized needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to be sustainable or to obtain future funding if it will be needed.
Eligibility for Grants
- Awards will include support for program development as well as for new and expanded facilities and equipment.
- Grants or awards are generally limited to use in the market areas encompassed by the Community.
- Grant recipients must demonstrate Section 501(c)(3) or other non-profit status, a need for private financial support and a direct relevance to the Foundation's areas of giving interest.
- The Foundation does not provide financial support for political organizations or candidates for political office or activities for sectarian purposes.
- The Foundation does not generally make contributions to individual endeavors other than scholarships,
- Officers, directors and employees of the Bank, and any affiliates thereof shall not be eligible to receive grants from the Foundation.
If you feel like your organization would qualify for financial support based on the above criteria, please click here PDF to Grant Application - Opens in new window to fill out a grant application form and submit it for consideration